- Founding Years Learning Solutions raised Rs. 107 Cr in Series B funding round.
- Round was led by Peepul Capital.
- Existing investors Kaizen Private Equity also participated which had also invested $6 million in 2013.
What does investors say-
“Klay Schools is well poised to ride the fast-growing demand for day-care services in urban India. It has won the confidence of parents and corporates alike which is reflected in its position as a premium day-care player,” said Surya Mantha, investment director at Peepul Capital.
About Founding Years Learning Solutions–
- Headquartered in Bengaluru.
- Runs Klay Schools– preparatory schools and daycare centres.
- Currently present in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
- Associated with firms like Unilever, Johnson & Johnson and Genpact to run their on-site day-care centers as well as near-site day-care centres under the brand name, The Little Company.
“We will be increasing the number of centres to 200, entering new cities Pune and Chennai. We are also looking at entering Dubai and will be entering Singapore or Hong Kong market through an acquisition,” said Priya Krishnan, CEO of Founding Years, who holds a minority stake in the company.