Advertisements today can cause a potential damage to any computing system. A myriad of devices can come under the spell of ads no matter how much safety you assume. Today ads are legally put up on websites and cookies track you to the ends of the earth. No matter which application you use, ads will follow you relentlessly. Here is a way to effectively block them on Android phone, which is vulnerable to in-app ads and pop-ups when using Google Chrome, Android’s native browser. You can block ads on Android Phone in the following ways.
To prevent ads from taking over the control of your phone and filling it up with potential virus and malware, install Ad-block browser. It will block all ads from displaying on your device. An alternative to Ad-block browser is the Opera, which has a built-in Ad-blocker. If you are a huge fan of Google Chrome, then it is easy enough to banish pop-up ads from the settings. Let us take a brief walk through each of these options.
Install Ad-block Browser:
The Ad-block Browser is free for download from the Google Play Store.
- It ensures faster page loading and saves battery and data consumption, especially if you are on 3G or LTE.
- Also, provides safety and privacy by reducing the risk of malware infection.
- Keeps you in control of which ads you want to support, disable malware, tracking and more.
Install Opera Browser:
A simple way to block ads on Android phone is to download and install Opera for Android from the Google Play Store.
- Opera’s integrated ad-blocker assists in faster page loading and saves data.
- You can compress videos by simply turning on the video compression options from Opera Settings so it consumes less data on 3G and LTE.
- Browse privately, read comfortably on screen and enjoy the sleek new look, all of which comes with a new lightweight design making it easier to find what you need.
Like in-app advertisements, pop-up ads are equally annoying and the most ‘wrongly-clicked’ as well. If you are looking to block pop-up ads on the Chrome browser, follow these steps.
How to block pop-up ads on Android Google Chrome?
- Open the Google Chrome app on your Android phone.
- On the top right, you will see three dots floating stable on the screen. Click on it.
- Upon click those dots, a menu will open. Scroll down to Settings in this menu of options.
- When you spot the settings, click on it and head over to Site Settings.
- Now look for the section where it says “Pop-ups” and ensure that the slider is set to Blocked (also displayed in gray color).
Now you have successfully blocked all pop-up ads on Android Chrome.