It is not a secret that storage issue is a major concern for an iPhone user. Every iPhone comes with inbuilt storage. However, like Android or Windows Phones storage here can’t be upgraded through MicroSD card. And that is exactly where the problem happens. First of all, you only get the phone memory and then iOS and some pre-installed apps take more storage even from that.
Apple sells higher storage iPhones for more price. But that’s not for everyone, there are many people who cannot afford that and more importantly just paying more for extra storage isn’t fair. Wouldn’t it be more enjoyable if there was nothing to worry about storage? Yes! as an iPhone user, I feel so.
Another problem of iOS is even when you delete photos and videos from gallery it still says. You may not believe it at first but if you check storage usage from settings then you will see even after deleting a lot of photos storage remains same. And that is exactly how iPhone users face another major concern of privacy. These deleted photos and videos can be easily restored and this could cause serious problems. If you’re selling your iPhone, even if you delete all your data and it is not safe anymore. Few simple tools can restore your videos and photos again.
Furthermore, with new updates coming every day for apps and iOS updates the storage issue grows even more. The user data of these apps and junk files are also the main problem for growing storage crisis. Not only that, the amazing camera quality of iPhone makes even a minute of video take gigabytes of data. iMyFone Umate Pro is an excellent method to clean up free space in your iPhone along with keeping your data safe & secure. It can be used for many purposes like deleting Junk files, temporary files, large files etc. and can also help in deleting the ‘Deleted Data’.
Features of iMyFone Umate Pro:
One click Space Recovery
This feature help in removing junk & temporary files. It also helps in creating additional space as it can compress and delete the images. It can clean up junk files, erase temporary files, compress photos, delete/backup large files and can remove unused apps.
- First, start iMyFone Umate Pro on your Mac and connect your iPhone via USB Cable.
- Click on ‘Quick Scan’ & it will now start scanning your device to check how much storage is recoverable.
- Now, it will show you how much of space you can make by deleting the files. Just click on ‘Clean’ one by one & it will start deleting those files to make space.
- Whoa! You’re done and now, it will show you how much of space you have created by deleting these unwanted files.
Erase All Data
As you can guess from the name this feature will delete everything on your iPhone. This feature is to wipe out the entire data stored on your iPhone and if you are planning to erase all the data permanently, you can use this feature. As it will erase all your data, we at PageSwype suggest to take backup of your data or you may end up losing important data.
- Again run iMyFone Umate Pro on your Mac and connect your iPhone via USB Cable.
- Click on ‘Erase All Data’ option present at the left side. Now click on ‘Erase’.
- As this will delete all the data, it will ask you to confirm it and for doing that you need to type ‘delete’. This is for making sure that you don’t delete everything on iPhone accidentally.
- There’s an option to change the security level. There are three levels of security. You can choose the security level as per your need. The Medium Security Level is selected by default and is also recommended. In case you want to make sure that all data is deleted and never recoverable again you need to select High Level. This comes useful if you have bank account details or any other highly private data.
- Once you have selected the security level, click on ‘Erase Now’ & it will start erasing all the data. It will take some time as it will delete all the data stored on your iPhone.
Erase Deleted File
Again you may have already guessed what this feature can do. And yes this feature of iMyFone Unmate Pro helps in erasing the deleted files so that files once deleted can’t be recovered by any method or application.
- Once again start iMyFone Umate Pro on your Mac and connect your iPhone via USB Cable.
- Now select the third options on the left sidebar ‘Erase Deleted Files’. Click on ‘Scan’ button and it will start scanning the device and show you the list of all deleted files which can be recovered easily.
- Choose the files which you wish to deleted permanently. You can also preview the files for making sure if you need it or not. iMyFone Umate Pro will choose all the files by default for erasing so you can deselect the files which you don’t wish to delete permanently.
- You must type ‘delete’ to confirm the erasing of deleted data. Once you type ‘delete’ & click on ‘Erase Now’ button, it will start erasing the selected files. Once again, it will take some time as it will make sure the files are never recoverable.
Erase Private Data
All most every people save many important data these days on their phone. We guess you are also one of those people. This private data which if misused can cause big problems for you. iMyFone Umate pro can help you in the situation. It can easily erase all the private data like account information, SMS, emails, chats, browsing history etc. You don’t need to worry as it will delete this data for once and all which will be never recoverable.
- For one last time you need to run iMyFone Umate Pro on your Mac and connect your iPhone via USB Cable.
- Now choose the fourth options from the left sidebar ‘Erase Private Data’. After that, click ‘Scan’ and it will start scanning your phone and will search for such private data.
- Once the scan is done, it will show you all your private data which include photos, SMS, notes, messages etc. This data can also be previewed. Now select the files which you want to delete.
- Click on ‘Erase Now’ button and type ‘delete’ to proceed. Finally, click on ‘Erase now’ and it will start erasing the selected data.
I personally found iMyFone Umate Pro helpful as an iPhone user and I’m sure it can help you a regarding your private data & storage. The best part about this application is you can select which files to keep and which you wish to delete. It also allows you to preview the data before taking any actions. You can opt for the free trial version before buying the software. It is available for both Mac & for Windows.