The SHAREit app was first launched in China in June 2012. The app lets you transfer files from one device to another at much greater speeds than the traditional Bluetooth. It does not have any barrier and is the most used app across platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, Mac. The app also supports 39 languages. There are over 100 million downloads and 4.6 user rating in the Google Play Store, and more than 1 billion users worldwide. It is the most downloaded app of Tool list on Google Play Store in 36 countries and regions. SHAREit is a popular file transfer app among the youngsters. It is a must have app on every smartphone. Among the many other apps in this category, it is the most famous app because of its user-friendly interface, constant development, and new features.
This app has some interesting features that most users are not aware of. To start with, we all know that the app has very simple, easy to understand user interface. What’s important is that it does great on its primary function, which is to share files. Besides sending multiple files at once, it also lets you send the files to multiple recipients at the same time using the group sharing feature. Most users are not aware of this feature. I am sure once the users start using this feature they will love it. This feature can help users to setup the sharing process in a group very quickly and with great convenience irrespective of the number of people in the group. To promote this feature, they recently moved the group share function to the first page of the app. This will ensure more users get used to this feature and use it for sharing files in a group. Just imagine a scenario where an instructor wants to share important notes with all students at the same time. This feature can help to share the files in less time. This is how we can use the group share function
- Open the app on your phone, below the receive button there is a dedicated group share rounded button coupled with a few other options.
- Click on the group share button, and you will have to select between 2 options – 1. Create group 2. Join group
- If user wants to be the host then select create or if the user intends to join the host then select join and select the group from the radar
- Finally, you will be a part of the group and can share any number of files with the members in the group.
SHAREit has also introduced another interesting feature which is known as “Share zone”. This is going to be an exciting area to explore. This will take the file sharing experience to a whole new level. To experience this feature, you will have to update your App to the latest version. To ensure you don’t miss this feature it is highlighted on the front screen of the app. Share zone will help make the sharing process simpler. We can use this feature to select any files from our friends share zone. Let say there are a group of 5 people. One person is the host and other 4 want different files from the host at the same time. The host can add the required files to its share zone, and the other 4 users can easily choose their desired files. Now to do so here are the steps:
- Tap on share zone button.
- Then a new window will open. Click on the add button.
- Then select the files you want to add.
- Now when a user will connect with you, they can see a new tab of share zone on the top and can easily select desired files to transfer.
SHAREit taking this file sharing experience to the whole new level by introducing new possibilities for its users. In the era of Social Networking where face to face interactions are on a decline, people are mostly interacting virtually. SHAREit is creating more opportunities for physical interactions for sharing files between people.