Sanskrit is known as mother of many tongues but it is also the language of science

0
73
sanskrit

When we say or hear the word “SANSKRIT” which is known as mother of many tounges, the first thing that comes to our mind is the Shlokas and the mantras followed by the scriptures, the Vedas and all the Indian holy books. But this is the superficial view of this language that we have in our mind. Obviously Indian scriptures are in Sanskrit but the mythological aspect of this language comprises only 10% of it, the rest 90% of this, is the language of science, logic, technology, art, culture and many more.

This might be something new to hear but as we go down, belief on this will get strong.

Walking into history

People say, what they see or what they believe, but this may or may not be the reality always. The void of knowledge always leads to an untutored belief which has no credibility.

Let us hop down to see why did I say so.

Sanskrit is not the only language whose worth has been ignored but there are many more such ancient languages whose importance is cornered due to the European and American perspective of science and technology.

The ancient languages other than Sanskrit that have been completely ignored are listed below:

  • Sumerian
  • Egyptian
  • Chinese
  • Meso- American
  • Persian

People say English is the language of science but on peeping into reality the scientific word bank has mainly Greek or Latin words.

Words and their origin

Below mentioned words are SUPPOSED to be English in origin, but let us talk of reality and see their real origin.

Words Origin
Physics, Biology,Zoology, Geology, Astronomy, Geometry, Trigonometry, Arithmetic Greek
Alzebra Arabic
Calculus Latin
  • Newton wrote his famous Physics book- Principa Mathematica de Naturalis in Latin.

Back to Sanskrit

Let us see the rich vocabulary of Sanskrit from Aryabhateeyam and their meaning and translation.

Sanskrit Shloka– Sama pariNaahasya ardha vishkamba ardha hatam eva vrtta phalam

Translation– equal diameter half circumference half multiply exactly circle

Meaning– Equal diameter half circumference half multiply exactly circle radius

English frame– circle’s area is equal to half the diameter multiplied to half circumference

This was written by Aryabhatta in Aryabhateeyam .

We all know Aryabhatta invented zero in A.D. 458. So this Shloka belongs to the same era, so this is an error-less proof of Sanskrit being the ancient and pillar forming language of Science.

Pannini’s contribution in sculpting this language

The scientific potential of Sanskrit was seen after the grammatical arrangement of this language by Panini.

He gave 4000 sutras (rules expressed as aphorism) which reframed the Sanskrit language.

He wrote his first known comprehensive text on descriptive linguistics which on a rapid pace became the backbone of scientific and mathematical literature.

Directly quoting the words from G.G. Joseph, The crest of the peacock, Princeton University Press (2000):

“Sanskrit’s potential for scientific use was greatly enhanced as the result of the thorough systematization of its grammar by Panini. On the basis of just 4000 sutras, he built virtually the whole structure of Sanskrit language, whose general shape, hardly changed for 2000 years. An indirect effort to increase the linguistic facility of Sanskrit soon became apparent in character of scientific and mathematical literature.”

UNDOUBTEDLY SANSKRIT IS THE LANGUAGE OF SCIENCE, AND EARLY INDIAN PHILOSOPHERS ARE THE PILLARS OF THIS SCIENCE IT IS JUST THAT, THE VOID OF KNOWLEDGE AMONGST PEOPLE HAS LED TO DEGRADE THE WORTH OF THESE ANCIENT SCRIPTURES AND SCIENCES.