LeEco has finally announced official Android Marshmallow update for its Le 1s and Le 1s Eco. The Le 1s and Le 1s Eco are on of the best selling smartphones of the company. This phones came out of the box with Android Lollipop and runs the EUI on top of it. However, to be clear this update is not an OTA update so you can’t just sit back and wait. You have to perform some simple steps to get Android Marshmallow on your device.
First things first, to install the Marshmallow update successfully you have to first make sure you are on EUI version 5.5.014S. Go to settings > about phone and from there you can check the EUI version. If you aren’t already version 5.5.014S follow this steps to install it first otherwise, the Marshmallow update installation will fail.
- Click here Download EUI 5.5.014S ROM ZIP.
- Make sure you have enough charge on your phone or connect it to a charger.
- To make sure all your data stays safe, backup before the installation process.
- Now put the downloaded file in your root directory and then open the System Updater app. The app will ask you to locate the zip and select it and the update procedure will start.
If you are already on the EUI 5.5.014S follow the steps below to update your LeEco Le 1s to EUI 5.8.017S (Marshmallow ROM)
How to Install Android Marshmallow ROM (EUI 5.8.017S) on LeEco Le 1s and Le 1s Eco?
- First, download the update pack from here.
- After the download completes change the name of the file to update.zip and move it to your phone’s root directory.
- Now go to your phone update settings and tap on the three dots (which is on top right corner). Tap on the local update.
- The update process will start now and in case the files are not found make sure you have renamed the file correctly. It should only have one .zip and not two.
The Marshmallow ROM of the LeEco Le 1s and Le 1s Eco is official and packs many performance improvements. Moreover, there are UI refreshments and new features. Although make sure that once you update to the Marshmallow ROM you can’t downgrade to Lollipop.