As reported last week, video calling is now official in WhatsApp. Video calling is a great way of being connected with your family and friends. Although the new feature is not fully optimized and there are some voice issues as reported by many users. However, WhatsApp claims upcoming updates will fix the problems. If you haven’t used the feature yet or don’t how to do it below is how you can do it.
How to Video Call Someone Through WhatsApp in Android?
- Update to the latest version of WhatsApp. To update WhatsApp, go to Play Store > Search for WhatsApp and tap on Update.
- Once you are done you just need to open WhatsApp and search for the contact who you would like to call.
- Now tap on the Call icon and choose video call.
- Once selected you call will be now placed.
How to Video Call Someone Through WhatsApp in iOS?
- Just like Android, make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp on your iOS device. To update the app go to App Store > Updates. Now you will see WhatsApp listed in the updates. Just tap on update and wait for it to finish.
- Once done, open WhatsApp and go to Favorites and select the contact whom you want to video call.
- Now just beside the contact’s name, you will see a video icon. Just tap on it and you are good to go.
How to Video Call Someone Through WhatsApp in Windows Phone?
- Again, in the same way like Android update WhatsApp by going to Windows Store.
- After that open WhatsApp.
- Search for the person whom you would like to call.
- Now open the chat with that person and beside his/her name you will see a call icon. Just tap on it.
- After that choose video call from the drop down menu you get and you are done.
WhatsApp has a huge user base of 1 billion people over the globe. The addition of video calls will be highly useful for many to connect with their friends and family and this could be a key point in competing against its rivals Skype, Google Duo or even Facebook’s own Messenger.
It is pretty interesting that WhatsApp has recently enabled two-factor authentication too and with the addition of end to end encryption and video calling WhatsApp is now one of the best cross-platform messengers. Have you tried the video calling someone through WhatsApp? Let us know in the comments.