Yesterday, at a live event, Mr. Mukhesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries Limited announced the official launch of Reliance Jio. Along with the official launch, he also announced many offers and other important things regarding the network. In case if you have missed it, here’s everything you need to from yesterday’s launch event.
Jio Welcome Offer:
Unlike the Jio Preview Offer, now everyone can get a Jio SIM card irrespective of phone brands. The offer will start on September 5th and will be applicable till December 31st. In this time period, Jio services will be free for all and you can use those without any limits. Below is what everything the Welcome Offer includes.
- Unlimited free 4G data.
- Free voice and video calls.
- Unlimited free SMS.
- Premium access to Jio Apps free for the first year.
Jio Plans and Tariffs:
- The most important keynote from the event is that voice calls will be free forever on Reliance Jio. Also, there won’t be any roaming or STD charges, that means you can call anyone anytime without worrying about paying. But wait! as they said Jio is true 4G network, so it uses your mobile data. That means it will deduct the data from your internet pack.
- For prepaid users, the cost of 1GB 4G data pack will be as low as Rupees 50. Moreover, there are other plans too which make the average prices even low. 50 Rupees per GB data is almost one-fifth of current 4G pricings in India when compared to Vodafone, Airtel and Idea.
- The postpaid tariffs which will come into effect from January 2017 will be starting from as low as Rupees 19 and will be up all the way till Rupees 4999.
- Students with valid ID proofs will be eligible to get 25% more data on every pack as per RIL chairman Mr. Mukhesh Ambani.
- Mr. Ambani also announced there won’t be any blackout days on Reliance Jio. So that means, you can use your free voice and SMS packs without worrying about extra charges.
- A subscription of 1 year worth Rupees 15000 will be given absolutely free to the customers which include apps like JioPlay, JioMusic, JioOnDemand, JioDrive, JioMags, JioXpressNews, JioSecurity, JioNews, etc.
Other things to note:
- JioFi 2 devices will be selling now for a price of Rupees 1999 which was earlier Rupees 2999 and you will be able to enjoy the Jio Welcome offers on this device too.
- Reliance Industries Limited also notes Jio is expected to cover 90% of the Indian population by March 2017. Currently, the services are available in 18000 cities and 2 lakh villages across India.
There was already a lot buzz around because of the preview offer and now the launch of Jio and more interestingly the decision to give free access to every customer till the end of the year is strikingly attractive. We hope Reliance Jio will be able to maintain the quality and help everyone to get a taste blazing fast 4G speeds. Why not wish them for giving away so much? Reliance, Jug Jug Jio.